Finding your business website in search needn't be like finding a needle in a haystack.
Rather than listening to "expert" interpretations around search engine optimization and search engine marketing, let's take a few moments to learn right from the #1 SEO expert himself – Matt Cutts of Google – on some of the top influences behind getting found online.
I've selected 5 videos from the dozens (hundreds?) that Matt has recorded and posted on YouTube.
1. "Hi Matt, could you please explain how Google's ranking and website evaluation process works starting with the crawling and analysis of a site, crawling timelines, frequencies, priorities, indexing and filtering processes within the databases etc. – RobertvH, Munich"
2. "Hello Matt, a recent article of Danny Sullivan suggests that Google uses Twitter and Facebook links as a ranking signal. Can you confirm this? Can you elaborate a little bit more on this? – WebSEOAnalytics"
3. "Google has expressed in the past that frequently updated pages get a boost in rankings (QDF), that seems to favor blogs and news sites over company sites, which have less reason to be updated often. How important of a signal is 'freshness'? – Ivan, Canada"
4. "As Google's algo evolves, is it better to have exceptional links and mediocre content, or exceptional content and mediocre links? By links I mean inbound link quantity/quality. Can new sites with awesome contest outrank mediocre/established sites? – Jeff, NYC"
5. "Do you recommend article marketing as an SEO strategy and how are the backlinks treated when other websites republish the same article? Jeff, Orange County, CA
At Kayak, our team routinely executes white hat seo techniques as a standard part of our daily work: creating great content on topical pages, sharing in social media and monitoring/refining reglar content and seo.
On a daily level, we strive to create infomational content, compelling valued offers and work to give you a reason to share and be shared. The rewards for doing it right include trust building, prospect attraction and the ultimate goal: high quality lead generation. Case in point, our client: Omni Circuit Boards.
So when you have questions about how a business website should be constructed, how to deliver marketing offers, or how to attract leads, please don't hesitate to contact us at Kayak – we'll both be glad you did.
Learn more about which online activities deliver which results by visiting our Online Marketing ROI page now.
Bonus! 2 smart seo videos for Small Business by Maile Ohye, also of Google.
"Maile Ohye from Google advises your startup as if she had only 10 minutes as your SEO consultant.
Maile Ohye from Google covers the five most common errors she finds in SEO, and then concludes with six quick tips to make sure you're on the right track.